Saturday 6 April 2013

Paperclay Texture Book


This morning I am looking at textures for the City & Guilds courses.
I am busy looking round the house for more things to make wax rubbing's of, but have taken a moment to share my paper clay book with you. I was introduced to Paperclay by Pam - thank you. 



Using Creative Paperclay I found lots of texture around my home to make this texture book
There are placemats, the bottom of baskets, shells, old toys anything with an interesting surface which could be transferred to the paper clay.

Paper clay is an air drying modelling clay.
By rolling small pieces out and pressing it into the textured surface I could make "textured images"
When dry the paper clay can be painted and stitched. Although I found that if I wanted to stitch them it was better to make holes using a blunt needle whilst it was soft.



Here are some of the pages from the book









Just found this link for UK visitors Art from the Heart

Happy Stitching

Bev




2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten what fun I had with this medium Bev. My quest was always to see how thin I could get it . The book looks great especially the way you have left the raw edges,very tactile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for introducing it to me. I think we will both be exploring it more.

      Delete